Thursday, February 8, 2007

Just some build picture of our old buggy.

I had originally had gotten a wagoneer to swap axles, motor, and tranny into my old cj5. After thinking about it for a while and building this frame I decided to put together a buggy instead. There were lots of things that I wanted to change by the time I finished it, but it was really fun as is and I ended up getting rid of it before I had the chance to change many things. It originally had a 360, turbo 400, and qtrac tcase. Coils in the rear, leaves up front, and complete frame and chassis from scratch. It sat real nice and low on my 36x12.50 tsl sx swampers, and had smallish axles compared to must buggys (dana 44s). They were geared and the rear had a spool. I never did get a front locker in it, but that would have made a huge difference on things. The motor had plenty of power, but was a worn out amc 360. The other thing that I really hated about it was how noisy the suspension was because I had used tractor link rod ends. That's what I get for being broke I guess. I really would have liked to link the front and add some nice joints to the rear. Anyways, enjoy the pictures.



This was the first true outing at mudfest in 04'. I had wheeled it around the farm quite a bit, but not enough to find the weak points.
I ended up getting second place at the obstacle course by 1 second this year. The guy that beat me was an ifs buggy with a tj grill. Of course I could have beat him on my next try, but I busted a driveline when bottoming hard on the last jump of the course. I know, not that good of an excuse.
Had some fun at crabtree too, but the mud without a top wasn't so fun. Goggles where the only way to go.


Show off (the wall, whatever you want to call it) at Florence. I think we had the most fun with this thing at the dunes. It was a great cross between a rail and a 4 wheel drive truck. We put on 33x12.50 bald boggers for the dunes which looked terrible, but gave for much more power and amazingly good traction/flotation on the sand.

1 comment:

waz said...

hey was wondering if i could get some info of you about this buggy? waz.